Boarding Student Application
Thank you for your interest in St. Johnsbury Academy. We are looking forward to hearing from you! To get the process started, take a look at the information below. You will find a list of what you need to do, as well as links to all the documents and forms that need to be submitted. If you have any questions about the application process, please let us know and we will be happy to help.
Boarding Student TuitionFor the 2017-2018 school year: $53,365 for boarding students
There are additional fees for students needing ESL instruction, the Summer ESL program, or Guided Studies.
Application Instructions and ChecklistWe are delighted that you have chosen to apply for admission to St. Johnsbury Academy. Please follow the application instructions on this page. The application form should be completed thoroughly in order help us learn as much about you as possible. If you have any questions regarding application procedures, or if you need assistance in any way, please do not hesitate to contact the Admissions Office.
Please note that the SSAT and TOEFL are required for international applicants, with the exception of one-year visiting international students. The SSAT and TOEFL are administered worldwide at various times during the year. We recommend that applicants take the test at the earliest possible date.
1. We begin accepting applications on January 15th. Acceptances are completed on a rolling basis until full enrollment, and then a waiting list is established. Complete the application for admission, including the required essay, and email it to email@example.com, or send it with the application fee ($50 for domestic applicants and $100 for international applicants) to the Director of Admission, 1000 Main Street, St. Johnsbury, VT 05819. You may also choose to apply online.
2. Complete the Records Release form, including your parent’s signature, and take it to your school counselor. We cannot act upon your application until we have received your complete school record.
3. Have your current English and mathematics teachers and your school counselor complete the confidential reference forms (Math reference, English reference, Personal reference.) These references should be returned directly to the St. Johnsbury Academy Admissions Office, preferably via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Contact the Admissions Office to arrange a personal interview. If distance makes it impossible, a Skype interview can be arranged.
5. If you are applying for financial aid, your parents must complete a financial aid application. St. Johnsbury Academy is utilizing the online service of Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST) to process applications for financial aid at www.ismfast.com. There are more details outlining the financial aid application process on the Financial Aid page of our website.
Choose an application method:
Application ResourceBoarding Student Online Application
Boarding Student Printable Application
Records Release Form
Math Reference Form
English Reference Form
Personal Reference Form