Tuition, Fees, and Financial Aid
School Year 2015-2016
Tuition for the 2015-2016 school year is $50,550 for boarding students and $15,995 for day students. Fees for ESL Instruction are $4,750 for the school year and $6,500 for Summer ESL. The Guided Studies program fee is $8,400 for the school year.
St. Johnsbury Academy has a limited financial aid budget that is awarded on a need basis to boarding students. For financial aid consideration, we recommend that online applications be complete by April 1st. St. Johnsbury Academy is utilizing the online service of Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST) to process applications for financial aid. FAST will be the standard submission format for all applications.
FAST does not decide whether financial assistance will be given or how much to give; rather FAST provides a need-based financial aid analysis service which includes a recommendation of what a family should reasonably contribute toward tuition. All information from FAST is kept confidential. Results are reviewed by the Financial Aid Committee who makes decisions based on available funds. Financial aid offers are then sent to families. All students currently receiving financial aid must reapply each year.
Financial Aid Process:
- Click on the “FAST” logo
- The application process is self-guided. You may navigate in and out of the program allowing you to partially complete an application and go back to it at another time. Online e-mail and a 24/7 helpline is provided. Please do not call the school with questions. The FAST Hotline is 302-691-0393.
- The charge for the application is $41.00 US dollars and to be paid by credit card at the end of the session. If you do not have a credit card, or cannot budget the fee, please call the Admissions Office at St. Johnsbury Academy for assistance at 802-751-2130.
- After completing the online application you will be required to mail your annual tax returns for both state and federal taxes with all schedules and W-2’s to:
1316 North Union Street
Wilmington DE 19806-2594
- Including the School’s name on the outside of the envelope will ensure faster processing of your application.
- The online submission deadline for all applications is April 1.
- Your tax return must follow the submission, and be postmarked by April 1.
- Make your tax appointment early.
The goal is to have an award determination made by the time re-enrollment contracts are issued. While no financial aid procedure can be entirely equitable – there are simply too many individual factors and extenuating circumstances--this new process that has been selected should serve our Academy community well. Among its many features will be the ability to further secure your financial data and maintain the high degree of confidentiality that past recipients most appreciated.
FAST Administrator's Hot Line Telephone Number: 302-691-0393
[24 hours / 7 days a week / 365 days a year]